Los Angeles – Rotary International Convention House of Friendship
TheFourWayTest.com will be featured at Rotary District 5240 Vocational Service Expo Booth in the House of Friendship.
You will find great information concerning the Four-Way Test.
Many people have written for advice to assist them in promoting their Four-Way Test Essay Contests. I have accumulated a some basic points to help drive school and community participation:
- Promoting Participation – Getting Ready for the program
- Create a one-sheet brochure targeted to the students that focuses on the prizes money and community service.
- Create a one-sheet “teacher’s helper” which will provide historical information, community benefits, contest guidelines and dates that all assays are due for judging.
- Offer to be a guest speaker to middle school or high school classes to introduce the essay contest. Please provide historical information as well as why and how this program benefits your community today.
- Student and Teacher Recognition
- Provide a monetary prize to each student winner.
- Provide monetary support of a school program at the choice of the winning teacher, this will help drive participation in future years .
- Invite winning students and teachers to your to read their essays to your membership .
- Create a printed booklet of all winners to hand out to members and guests.
- Publish the winners on www.thefourwaytest.com
- Request your local newspaper to publish the winners.
- Enter your winning essays into your district essay contest.
I hope these ideas help. I am sure there are many more ideas and comments. Please feel free to leave your comments and I will update this article with the ideas that are submitted.
Please visit us at the Rotary International Convention House of Friendship.